The Honey and Granola Recipe of Your Gluten-Free DreamsDanny Clark @ 2018-09-25 22:37:09 -0400
Over the past few years, delish, gluten-free products have flooded the market—making both celiac and gluten intolerances *way* more manageable. Although ingredients like corn, soy, potatoes, and wheat are off the table (literally), you can now satiate pretty much any craving with just a quick visit to the G.F. aisle at your local grocery store. But for those days when you're in the mood for something that's wholemade, packed with superfoods, and doubles as breezy breakfast and a crunchy afternoon snack—a quick batch of granola, sans-gluten, is definitely what the doctor ordered. Plus, while a store bought package definitely won't include immunity-boosting, protein-packed ingredients straight from the hive, your's *definitely* will.
The Beegan Granola Recipe of Your Gluten-Free DreamsIngredients
- 3 cups organic gluten-free rolled oats (we suggest Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup organic slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup organic cashews
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup shredded organic coconut
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons organic raw raspberry blossom honey
- ¼ cup of bee pollen
- 12-16 sprays of propolis
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 3/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 cup organic dried cranberries or golden berries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- While the oven warms up, combine all your dry ingredients in a large bowl: oats, nuts, bee pollen, coconut, and dried fruit.
- In a different bowl, combine the wet ingredients: honey, oil, propolis, and salt.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Pour onto a parchment paper covered baking tray.
- Pop it into the oven for about 75 minutes, checking on it frequently. Once it's golden brown, take it out of the oven and enjoy!