You may want to think twice before ducking for cover. This snowball is pure beegan chocolatey goodness smothered in coconut, because let's be honest, what is better than coconut and chocolate!?! This recibee is both healthy and delicious. No one will suspect these snowballs are gluten free, dairy free, beegan, and paleo! The best part? They only take 10 minutes to make.
- 1 cup raw, soaked almonds
- 12 medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup raw cacao nibs or cacao powder (nibs make the mix more crunchy vs. powder would be more melt in your mouth… can’t choose? Go half and half!)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- ¼ cup, plus 2 tbsp. shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- 1/8 cup chia seed
- 1 tbsp of raw BKN honey (we recommend using our signature Wildflower honey)
- 4 -6 sprays of propolis
- Optional: 2-3 tablespoons of bee pollen
- Optional: ¼ cup of gluten free quick oats
Store your snowballs in the fridge until ready to serve. Or, eat them up right away! Regardless, we hope you enjoy these scrumptious treats. If you are looking to take this treat to the next level, try our peppermint hot chocolate recibee to create the perfect dunkin’ hot drink to enjoy your snowballs with!
- Set aside the 2 tbsp. shredded coconut and the bee pollen in a small plate. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the oats, in a food processor, or into a large bowl and mix them together ingredients in your food processor and blend until the ingredients form a sticky and thick consistency.
- Add in the rolled oats and mix by hand so they are evenly dispersed.
- At around a teaspoon at a time, roll the mix into small balls.
- Roll the balls in shredded coconut to lightly cover entire ball!
- Repeat until your mix is done!