For some reason, brussels sprouts get a bad rap, when in reality, they are actually absolutely delicious! You just need to the cook them the right way. We have the perfect recipe, which will have all your guests begging for seconds!
- 1 ½ pounds of brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped finely)
- 1 teaspoon of fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- Optional: Bacon bits
First, preheat your oven to 450 (F), and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Next, cut off the ends of the brussels sprouts, and slice them vertically in half. Add them to a bowl, as well as all the other ingredients (except the bacon). Mix well and then lay them flat on the baking sheet. Place the tray in the oven and roast for 30- 40 minutes, making sure to shake the pan every 10 minutes to ensure even browning! While they are cooking, cook the bacon, and chop into little pieces. if you are planning on adding it. Once done, add the bacon, or serve as is!