Banana bread and coffee are *basically* a midday match made in heaven. But let’s face it: The classic recipe packs the not-so-healthy combo of sugar and processed flour—two ingredients that will definitely lead to a late afternoon crash.
So instead of hitting up your local Starbs for your B.B. fix, whip up your own superpowered loaf instead. We’ve dreamt up a simple recibee that will satisfy your afternoon sweet tooth and give you the plant-based protein kick you need to #crush the rest of your day. No to mention, it’s downright tasty (Gwen Stefani would totally approve).
Superpowered, B- A -N- A -N- A- S Bread
3 ripe medium bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¼ cup sweet clover honey
4 sprays of propolis
2 cups almond meal
1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon pink salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly oil a bread pan.
2. Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend that baby until combined (you can also use a for handheld mixer if you don’t have a blender). Make sure to pulse out the lumps.
3. Pour the batter into the oiled pan and spread it evenly.
4. Bake for 45 minutes, but check in on your bread at 30 minutes to see how it’s progressing.
5. Take it out of the oven and allow the bread to cool down before serving. (Or eat it all in one sitting)
6. Oh, and don’t forget to drizzle with honey.
Get baking and tag us on Insta—@beekeepers_naturals. We’d love to see you beelicious creation.