Nothing makes us crave healthy, vibrant foods like springtime, especially after—ahem—a dense winter. From refreshing kombucha cocktails to matcha-wildflower honey pancakes, these are the clean eats that are literally putting the spring into our steps…
Cooking with Matcha
Tired of the same ol’ matcha? We are big fans of cooking with antioxidant-rich matcha, especially at breakfast time. Give it a shot and try whipping up these MATCHA WILDFLOWER HONEY PANCAKES:
• 1½ cup of gluten free flour •1 tsp baking soda • ¼ cup of matcha powder • 1 egg • ⅔ cup almond milk • 1 tablespoon of coconut oil • 1 teaspoon Bee Powered • 1 tablespoon of wildflower honey • pinch of salt • strawberries for topping
Stir together flour, baking soda, matcha, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, milk, oil, Bee Powered, and honey until blended. Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet and stir until thoroughly combined. Cook pancakes as you would on a lightly greased pan, until fluffy and lightly golden. Top with fresh strawberries and honey. Second breakfast, anyone?
Magical (Brain-Boosting) Elixirs
Natural nootropics—compounds that enhance brain function—are all the rage. Here at BKN, we are all about consuming foods that make us smarter and more productive. Like mushrooms. We love this killer lion’s mane elixir to supercharge our mental energy after a long day. For an added brain boost, we’re partial to a dollop of Bee Powered in our cups, too.
If you haven’t noticed, we’re also pretty big fans of B.LXR, our powerful nootropic blend of royal jelly, ginseng, and bacopa monnieri that helps to clear brain fog and improve focus, energy, and productivity. Say goodbye to those 2 o’clock caffeine crashes!
Springtime is *literally* pollen season. But before you go out and buy a fortress of tissues, pollen season doesn’t have to be a bad thing. Adding raw bee pollen to your diet can actually help you fend off nagging seasonal allergies. And what better way to enjoy bee pollen than this drool-worthy CACAO HONEY, POLLEN, BANANA TOAST:
• Toast of choice • Banana slices • Pollen for sprinkling • Superfood Honey with Cacao for drizzling
Bee Powered Lattes
If you’re a fan of bulletproof (or buttered) coffee, why not up the buzz? A drizzle of sweet honey can promote balanced blood sugar levels, which can help you get from breakfast to late lunch without a serious bout of the hangries. For a creamy BEE POWERED LATTE, we love to blend up:
• 8 oz. organic french press coffee • 1 tablespoon ghee • 1 tablespoon MCT oil • 1 tablespoon raw wildflower honey • 1 teaspoon Bee Powered
Dandelion Green Salads
Sick of bland lettuce? Not only are dandelion greens way more nutritious than your average bowl of iceberg or romaine, but they are way more flavorful and so, so springtime. Try tossing:
• chopped dandelion greens • chevre • sliced cara cara orange • a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil • flake salt • a sprinkle of bee pollen
Kombucha isn’t a new trend. You can get it at practically any street corner. But kombucha has finally made its way into cocktails, and that is totally a reason to celebrate. Low in sugar and rich in probiotics, fizzy kombucha is the *ideal* ingredient for a healthy, refreshing cocktail. And what better way to ring in the warm weather than kombucha margaritas? Whether you’re more into cocktails or mocktails, we think you’ll love our WILDFLOWER HONEY MARGA*BEE*TA:
• 3 tablespoons of your fav tequila (optional if you’d prefer a mocktail) • 3 tablespoons of fresh lime juice • 6 tablespoons of ginger kombucha • 1 tablespoon raw raspberry blossom honey • 3 pieces of freshly cut ginger • crushed ice • coarse salt and extra limes for lining rims
Thoroughly muddle tequila (optional), lime juice, honey, and ginger. Pour in kombucha and stir gently. Pour into a serving glass with salted rim over crushed ice. Garnish with lime slice.