Dalgona coffee is the hottest drink of quarantine. With coffee shops around the globe closed, this Korean-inspired frothy latte is the spark of joy we all need right now.
Dalgona coffee is like a small miracle of molecular gastronomy—where equal parts of instant coffee and white sugar magically transform into gorgeous blobs of whipped foam. It’s utterly delightful.
The only downside: we aren’t really down with all that refined sugar. That’s why we made our own clean version using B.Powered Honey, and honestly, it's better than we could have imagined…
A BETTER DALGONA COFFEE
The internet’s favorite whipped sip—without all that refined sugar; upgraded with pure hive power.
2 Tbsp good instant coffee
2 Tbsp B.Powered Honey
2 Tbsp hot water (not boiling)
1 c cold non-dairy milk (like oat, almond or macadamia)
- Combine the instant coffee, B.Powered, and hot water in a mixing bowl.
- If using an electric mixer, blend on medium speed for about 4 minutes until the color lightens and stiff peaks form when you pull the whisk away. If mixing my hand, whisk vigorously for 15 to 20 minutes until stiff peaks form. (It’s worth the effort!)
- Add your milk to 2 glasses with ice cubes, if desired.
- Gently spoon your luscious coffee fluff on top of the milk. It’ll look so good—take a picture.
- Stir with a spoon before enjoying. (Warning: be ready to be highly caffeinated!)